Welcome to the University of Leicester’s Research Governance page.
The University of Leicester Research Governance team is part of the Research and Enterprise Division at the University. We are based in the academic offices at the Leicester General Hospital and operate as part of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust and the University of Leicester joint research office.
The team currently consists of:
- Dr Michelle Muessel – Research Governance Manager
- Miss Yasmin Godhania – Research Governance Officer
- Dr Cat Taylor – Quality Assurance Officer
- Mrs Kyla Harrington – Quality Assurance Officer
- Dr Amanda Sutcliffe – HTA & Monitoring Officer
- Mrs Corinne Allston-Reeve – Administrator
The team manage all NHS research that is sponsored by the University, and should be the first port of call for all enquiries of this nature. We can offer advice on pre-award costings for the purpose of grant applications and will work with you to ensure a smooth passage through the application and approval processes. We will also manage the post award governance requirements for all University sponsored NHS research, offering support and guidance for the duration of your study.
Further information and guidance on all University research governance and Sponsor processes can be found on the research governance pages.