The privacy notice of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the Trust. To read the full notice, please download it from the Trust’s main website.
This Notice explains:
- Who we are, how we use your information and who our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is
- What kinds of personal information about you we process
- What the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information are (including when we share it with others)
- What you should do if your personal information changes
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- What your rights under data protection law are
- The Trust’s public membership policy
What about Research Data?
Medical Research is a very important use for the personal data that the Trust holds. Research allows us to develop new treatments, to manage healthcare services more effectively and to monitor long term patient outcomes. The Research and Innovation team treats patient information with the utmost care. To find out more about this, https://www.hra.nhs.uk/information-about-patients/
Contact information and further advice
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, require information in any accessible format or language or if (for any reason) you do not wish to have your information used in any of the ways described, please contact:
- Data Protection Officer- Saiful Choudhury, Head of Privacy
Telephone number: 0116 258 6053
- Deputy Head of Privacy- Hannah Rose
Privacy Unit, Room G60, Glenfield County Hall, Leicestershire. LE3 8RA
Telephone number: 0116 258 8537
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner:
- The Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone number 0845 306 060 or 01625 545 745