To celebrate International Clinical Trials Day, we are giving you the opportunity to find out more about some of the research we do. We are also supporting the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) I Am Research campaign.
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Time: 12:00 – 15:00
Location: Research Space, Level 0, Balmoral Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Take part in ‘action research’ by putting on an ‘ageing suit’ and trying to perform tasks, such as opening jam jars
- Get competitive with the ‘dexterity test’ and compare your hand-eye co-ordination with other people
- Re-enact some of the tests our research participants undertake, such as blood pressure measurements, body composition and handgrip strength
- Experience a cognitive assessment, as used in trials for patients with dementia or concentration problems
- Talk to researchers about their latest findings
- See how basic laboratory techniques are performed
- Watch a demonstration on how our skin cameras work
- Experience our Virtual Reality headset, 3-D distraction unit, interactive floor projection and all the other ways we ease our youngest participants through clinical trials
- Meet a research participant to find out first hand why they have taken part in clinical trials
We look forward to seeing you there!